Location and Transportation
The City of Camden is in an ideal location, located just across the Delaware River from the City of Philadelphia, the sixth largest city in America. Just minutes away from Philadelphia, visitors can travel to Camden by a variety of options, including Riverlink Ferry, the PATCO High Speed Line subway, the Waterfront Connection SJTA Shuttle, or by walking, biking, or driving over the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. The City of Camden is located close to many New Jersey suburbs, and is just one hour south of Trenton, NJ on the RiverLINE light rail train or numerous highways.
Camden's Water Rand Transportation Center located right downtown is the main South Jersey transportation hub, with service to PATCO, the RiverLINE as well as NJ Transit buses to Atlantic City, Atlantic City International Airport and many other locations. The Walter Rand Transportation Center Station/Broadway Station is located at Broadway & Martin Luther King Blvd., Camden, New Jersey.
Transportation options are detailed with directions at camdenwaterfront.com
New Jersey Transit:
New Jersey Transit Bus/Rail/Light Rail Information:
NJ Transit Accessible Services
Transit Information Center
General information 6:00 a.m. - midnight everyday
Toll Free 800-772-2222 - Northern/Central NJ
Toll Free (800) 582-5946 - Southern NJ
Accessible Bus, Rail & to reserve a lift equipment
6:00 a.m. to midnight everyday
Lift Equipped Bus Reservations
By 4:00 p.m.
Access Link Information:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Everyday
Toll Free 800-955-2321
Bus and rail services. Atlantic City Rail Line trains and Rout 554 buses operating to Atlantic City via White Horse Pike both stop at Lindenwold Station.
1-800-582-5946 from New Jersey
(215) 569-3752 from Pennsylvania
River LINE Light Rail Service:
NJ Transit's ADA paratransit service
Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA):
Public Information: 856-968-2228
(215) 218-3750, ext. 2228
PATCO Stations: Philadelphia, PA
- 15-16th St @ Locust Street
- 12-13th St. @ Locust Street
- 9-10th St. @ Locust Street
- 8th & Market Streets
PATCO Stations: Camden County, NJ
- City Hall, Camden
- Broadway/Walter Rand Transportation Center, Camden
- Ferry Avenue
Take DRPA's PATCO Speedline to Walter Rand Transportation Center/Broadway Station, Camden, NJ with connecting service: DRPA Website
1234 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Customer Service and Accessible SEPTA
Customer Service (TDD/TTY) (215) 580-7853
For customers with hearing impairments
With connecting links (215) 580-7800
- Regional Rail Trains - Exit Market East Station at 10th and Market Streets, Philadelphia, PA. Walk two blocks east to DRPA's PATCO Station at 8th and Market Streets, Philadelphia, PA. Take DRPA's PATCO Speedline (East) to Camden, NJ. Exit at Broadway/Rand Transportation Station.
- Market-Frankford Elevated Subway - Exit train at 8th and Market Street/PATCO Station, Philadelphia, PA. Follow signs in station for DRPA's PATCO Speedline. Take PATCO Speedline (east) to Camden, NJ. Exit at Broadway/Walter Rand Transportation Center Station.